Support entrepreneurship by marshaling the resources of NC State University and the surrounding community, and teaching new entrepreneurs how to succeed, grow, and thrive.
Bring private and university-based entrepreneurs together in a creative, results-driven environment to activate growth and economic vitality.
The Incubator @ Centennial Campus is a non-profit program managed by the NC State University Real Estate and Development Office. The program located in two buildings containing a total of approximately 15,000 square feet:
Partners Building I (Offices and Co-Working) ~ 8,500 square feet
Partners Building II (Labs) ~ 6,500 square feet.
Currently, the program supports around 50 companies and has supported over 300 clients since the program began in 1999. Clientele includes university spin-outs to independently established companies from all across the world.
Along with The University, the program is supported by community and corporate partnerships with organizations such as the Small Business Technology and Development Center (SBTDC), the Council for Entrepreneurial Development (CED), the NC Center of Innovation Network (COIN) and Verizon Wireless Innovation Program.
It is part of the innovation ecosystem at NC State University, which includes partners such as the Entrepreneurship Initiative Garage, the NC State eClinic, and the NC State University Office of Technology Transfer.
Competitive Edge is Everything.
We provide a full suite of services to our clients, including:
Mentor Network: All clients of the Incubator work with business and technical mentors to help them successfully navigate the complexities of a tech-based start-up company. Support includes professional advice, coaching, networking, and help with action/milestone plans.
University Partnerships: Each client receives the opportunity to build partnerships with NC State University. Partnerships are specific to each company’s needs, and grant easy and supportive access to university equipment, labs, and the opportunity to work with students, faculty, and research initiatives.
Office Hours, Events, & Professional Development: Clients connect with other entrepreneurs, the surrounding community, industry experts, and engage in networking and educational sessions featuring a variety of topics important to entrepreneurs.
The Centennial Difference: What makes Centennial Campus so unique? Why do clients choose to grow their company with us? Learn more about the Centennial Difference. Resources available to clients on Centennial include:
- The fourth largest engineering undergraduate program in the U.S.
- One of the top advanced analytics educational programs in the U.S.
- One of the oldest computer science departments in the U.S. and 4th largest in graduate degrees awarded
- The only NSF-funded smart grid research center in the U.S.
- The only NSF-funded center developing self-powered health monitoring sensors and devices
- One of the largest biomanufacturing training and educational facilities in the world
- One of the largest member-based nonwovens institute and research centers in the world
- The third highest ranked veterinary college in the U.S.
- One of the top digital games research centers in the U.S.
- One of the largest constructed facilities labs in the U.S.
- The largest textiles college program in the U.S.
- The only next generation wireless test bed system in the U.S.
- The only North American research park with an aberration-corrected scanning transmission electron microscope
- The only research park in North America with a world-class research library (complete with an automated book retrieval system and about 100 technology-equipped, group study spaces)
Affiliate Privileges for Centennial Campus Partners: Each private company residing on Centennial Campus receives Centennial Partner status and a wide range of campus privileges. Read more about the Affiliate Privileges.